Buyers: Ten Major and Critical Factors in choosing a broker/realtor
In today’s real estate market there are many outstanding opportunities for buyers that haven’t been available in previous years. As a Buyer, you should make sure that your agent can provide you with these Ten Major and Critical Factors when representing your real estate needs in this critical area of business. By being represented in all these areas, you will benefit from the opportunities that prevail in today’s housing market. However, if your realtor comes up short in knowledge or skills, it could cost you in the long run.
When seeking a real estate agent, many people lead with their emotions. In other words, they choose a person based on their looks, their personality, or familiarity instead of finding out about their skills or depth of experience in the real estate market.
While many realtors may be great at showing Buyers homes, there’s more to it than window dressing. You need someone who can recognize a potential problem and steer you in the other direction, or conversely, who recognizes a tremendous value and helps you capitalize on that opportunity. Instead of “guessing” about whether or not your realtor can provide what you need, we recommend that you use this checklist to see whether your realtor has what it takes to get you into the Home of Your Dreams. if they don’t meet the following guidelines, their buyers may pay more than they need to, may wind up with a problem property, or they may just miss the Home of Their Dreams. We recommend you use this checklist of The Ten Major and Critical Factors in Choosing a Broker/Realtor:
- Understanding your goals: Does your realtor ask you questions and clarify that they understand your answers? Do they ask what you want or tell you what they think you need? At Jennie Manders’ Home Team, our priority is to fully understand your goals. From beginning to end, we promise to walk you through each step of the process with open and direct communication to learn and understand your goals.
- The ability to successfully analyze the value of each property you visit. Does your realtor have the experience, the knowledge, and the eye for detail to tune in on potential problems with a property? To recognize assets that could add value to a home in years to come? The Home Team will help you move past the emotional attachment you may have to a property keeping you from making potential mistakes when it comes to buying a home.
- Experience in investigating the condition of properties to alert clients to potential problems that may require further action. Can your realtor counsel you in those aspects of a home that may require costly repairs? At the Home Team, we are “tuned into” many different aspects of the property. We will not only advise you about what we see, but we will take into account your needs and goals when showing you potential properties that can meet those expectations for years to come.
- Ability to help you through the different financial requirements you will encounter when purchasing a home. Does your realtor have contacts to help you find a loan? Do they have experience in the many different financial requirements involved in owning a property? The Home Team does and can provide you with a wealth of valuable resources including sources for obtaining appropriate financing.
- Does your realtor have a proven track record in successfully representing buyers, not only in a ‘Buyer’s Market’ but also in negotiating tough deals that require a greater level of expertise? The Home Team is known as having achieved the top level of service for its Buyers. We can provide you with both a guarantee of Premier Service and a guarantee that you will love our Performance as your chosen realtor.
- A thorough knowledge of the housing market. We all know that timing is everything. Does your realtor lead or follow the pack? At the Home Team, we build our own list of potential properties through ongoing marketing and outreach with the public. As a result, we have advance notice of many properties before they are officially listed (*The Success Program) and can provide our Buyers with a sneak preview before other realtors get wind of it.
- Expertise in specialty areas of interest to Buyers. When choosing a location for a home, Buyers want to know about many critical factors, such as: commute times to work, average prices for area homes, school systems, and other points of interest. As an active member in our communities, we stay abreast of these developments and are in a position to offer fresh and updated information on many relevant special interest areas.
- Strong negotiating skills and a winning strategy in representing Buyers. The key to achieving our Buyers’ goals is in being able and willing to take on difficult tasks like negotiating fine points in an agreement. We not only have the expertise, but we actually enjoy this aspect of the business. We work hard to find you exactly what you are seeking and at the price range you can afford to pay.
- Expertise in using the Internet in representing our Buyers. Is your realtor Internet – savvy or are they “old school?” At the Home Team, we take pride in our ability to both utilize and maximize our representation of Buyers by using the most innovative Internet programs.
- Ability to introduce and educate Buyers on the use of helpful resources. The Home Team provides Buyers with the latest and best resources, whether it’s through government programs, buyer incentives or loan programs. We make it our business to help you in every way possible.
When choosing your agent, make sure you do your homework: Choose a person who has not only the personality and good looks, but who also has the expertise in this high – level arena of business. Jennie Manders can meet these needs with the energy, efficiency, and expertise that comes from knowing that every last detail is in order to best represent her clients.
Jennie Manders has over the last 29 years discovered:
- How to target likely buyers
- How to properly analyze the market to determine the correct
more about: Jennie Manders
44 Moneymaking Tips for Preparing Your Home to Sell
Selling your home can affect your financial future. This report contains valuable inormation that can help you sell your home efficiently and maximize your investment.